Finally, you can opt to host your user data in the EU. How to do it, plus other need-to-knows.
For a growing share of cloud customers—plus those considering a move to the cloud from data center or server—the option to choose where your data is hosted is often a make-or-break requirement. For others, it may simply be a preference for speed, privacy or otherwise.
Customer security and privacy is our highest priority at Refined. That's why we’re thrilled to announce that, as of today, you can opt to host your Refined cloud data in the EU. And in time, you’ll have even more locations to choose from.
Here’s what you need to know if you’re looking to migrate your Refined cloud data to the EU, or set up there right away.
Need to knows: EU data residency
- Refined’s EU servers are located in Frankfurt, Germany.
- EU data residency is free of charge. Simply make the selection in Refined Administration (see instructions below).
- Data is stored in the US by default, so if you don’t take any action, your data will remain in the US and nothing will change.
- Customers with EU-based users and EU-based Atlassian instances who migrate their data to the EU may enjoy faster-loading times on Refined sites.
- There will be a small downtime during the migration, maximum one hour, so we recommending migrating during periods of low activity.
- EU data residency is available for Refined for Confluence and Refined for Jira Cloud.
How to migrate your Refined data to the EU
Migrating your data takes just a few clicks:
- Go to the Refined Administration.
- In the left-hand menu, click Account & Billing.
- Click the Start migration button located next to Data Migration.
Moving your data takes no more than one hour, and likely a lot less. Please note that sites will not be available during migration.
If for whatever reason you decide to reverse your migration, you can you can roll it back within seven days, but you will lose any changes made to your Refined sites during that period.